06/12/2015 Belgian National Championship

• Thank you received: 25

Replied by pcmichke on topic 06/12/2015 Belgian National Championship

It is still a little bit early to be sure, but I think I could be part of it.
3 years 5 months ago #4416

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 49

Replied by squirrel on topic 06/12/2015 Belgian National Championship

cordovader wrote: Count me in!

Jorge DELGADO #9290014

Seriously? :woohoo:

It will be great to see you again, Jorge!
and though We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
~Tennyson~
3 years 5 months ago #4418

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by nick on topic 06/12/2015 Belgian National Championship

I should be able to join, but I'll only be sure like a week before the tournament
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-
3 years 5 months ago #4419

• Thank you received: 33

Replied by borrelstein on topic 06/12/2015 Belgian National Championship

nick wrote: I should be able to join, but I'll only be sure like a week before the tournament

Just be a good boy Nick, and I am sure St.Nicolaas will not abduct you to Spain so you can join ;)
3 years 5 months ago #4421

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by Stone on topic 06/12/2015 Belgian National Championship

I'm considering attending. As French guy, actually I find it better to be a Sunday, since the last train is at 22:13, whereas it is 20:37 on a Saturday.

But I'm a bit concerned about 2 things
-only 6 registered players for a national championship - how come ? how many players are required for the tournament to at least be maintained ? (else it's just money down the drain for cheap but non-refundable tickets)
-Bram isn't playing ? (having a Belgium player holding the title of French Champion is additional incentive to attend, provided he's there)
-I didn't get the chance to go to the Outpost for a while now - and I've been informed that the 2 last times, schedule wasn't respected, resulting in at least 1 player missing his train. That last point is not acceptable for me, since I'm talking about the last train that day to return to Paris.

So feedback is appreciated...
3 years 5 months ago #4445

• Thank you received: 45

Replied by D- on topic 06/12/2015 Belgian National Championship

Stone wrote: I'm considering attending. As French guy, actually I find it better to be a Sunday, since the last train is at 22:13, whereas it is 20:37 on a Saturday.

But I'm a bit concerned about 2 things
-only 6 registered players for a national championship - how come ? how many players are required for the tournament to at least be maintained ? (else it's just money down the drain for cheap but non-refundable tickets)
-Bram isn't playing ? (having a Belgium player holding the title of French Champion is additional incentive to attend, provided he's there)
-I didn't get the chance to go to the Outpost for a while now - and I've been informed that the 2 last times, schedule wasn't respected, resulting in at least 1 player missing his train. That last point is not acceptable for me, since I'm talking about the last train that day to return to Paris.

So feedback is appreciated...

Hi Stone,
Some feedback on your concerns:
- I hope to get some more players in. I think we can convince Bram to join. And I noticed some Swedes are 'interested' to attend this event (according to facebook). Our winter tournaments have always had a smaller attendance than similar tournaments during Summer. One other explanation is that for a large group of players to attend, we pretty much depend on players from France/Germany/Netherlands.
With at least 8 players, we can have a tournament.
- Regarding the schedule: I think I remember the tournament where someone missed his train. For some reason we started late (I think it was one car with 3-4 players that was stuck in traffic, unfortunately, I don't have control over traffic - not yet). If we can start on time, then we can usually end on time (three+one 2 hour rounds with 15 minute breaks). So if all goes well, we can start at 12.00 and end at 21.00. Even with a small delay, the last train from 22.13 should be feasible.

Either way, I'm sorry I cannot guarantee a large attendance number for this tournament to make your trip worthwhile. I'll try to psuh the event a bit more during the next week.

Dennis
3 years 5 months ago #4446

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds