24/02 Namur Starter release event

• Thank you received: 33

Replied by 2wayspeaker on topic 24/02 Namur Starter release event

pcmichke wrote: The shopkeeper decided to make it a "free play" event.
One of the reason of this is , I suppose, that there is a little group of casual players going out of torpor that do not want to play tournaments anymore.

I agree, and I think it is much better this way.

Every card game needs initiation events.

New players are never starting by going to a tournament. Who would think its a great idea to join a chess tournament when you dont even know the rules?
The name and concept of the event should be inviting new players.

Also, sign me up.
9 months 1 day ago #5901

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 47

Replied by Regnak on topic 24/02 Namur Starter release event

Never ?
Haha ! I know one player whose first game was in a tournament and he ended in final.
Never is a powerful word ... use it wisely ;-)

My point is : "playing for the fun" isn't fun.

And announcing this as a tournament, then an event, then a demo ... is kinda confusing.

I have nothing against demo's as I have organized a few last years. But it requires a different organization, like bringing demo content with us (printed rules & sheets, extra tokens, etc.). And also thinking a bit about what decks could be played. I am not 100% sure those 4 starter decks are good "demo decks", but that's my personal point of view.

Last point, who would go to a tournament without knowing the rules ? I agree with you, but who would just come to a release event (or demo) without knowing/reading the rules too ?
-Eris in peste patronus-
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad
9 months 1 day ago #5903

• Thank you received: 30

Replied by pcmichke on topic 24/02 Namur Starter release event

Sorry Regnak but your claim is not justified and not fair. You better re-read what I wrote.
And I also do not understand the logic of this after you wrote : "I agree, and I think it is much better this way"

1. I did not wrote never anyway. I just wrote that there was a small group of players that did not wanted to play tournaments anymore.
And that is the reason the shopkeeper made it a "free play" event. to be sure that small group will come at the event.
I did not wrote that there will never be a tournament on that place.
But therefore we have to bring enough players there willing to play competitive.

2. I did not announced it as a tournament. I announced it as an event (even in the title).
If by reading event you understand automatically "tournament" it is your understanding that makes confusion. Not my writings.
I also never said it was a demo. Once more these are suppositions of others that make the confusion.

So to be clear, once more, until now it will be a free play event using only the unmodified new decks.
Last edit: 9 months 1 day ago by pcmichke.
9 months 1 day ago #5907

• Thank you received: 47

Replied by Regnak on topic 24/02 Namur Starter release event

I think you "zapped" Jonathan's post ...

Anyway, I don't want to bring drama or anything.
So I'll just shut up and bring my cards.

ttyl
-Eris in peste patronus-
9 months 1 day ago #5908

• Thank you received: 9

Replied by Vlad on topic 24/02 Namur Starter release event

I will post some more drama ;) (just joking)

Why did I ask for a "real tournament" ?
Because it's a Sunday afternoon, I live between Dunkerque & Calais, and I might be willing to have fun in a lot of other ways (sex, Netflix, cooking for my loved ones, etc.) BUT I will be there to support a store who will be providing cards to our community !!!

So I expect, even if being the World first Limited player in international ranking won't bring me money or fame, that getting into my car and pay some gas& "tournament fee" will give me the certainty to play (at least 2 rounds, with a 2R+F) even if it's with the same players / decks if we are only 5 !!!

And the example given by Luc Olivier is not the only one : first time my daughter (around 11 when it happened) played 5-players tables was an official tournament during Les Croisades d'Unnord and in one of her tables she got Bram & Mehdi (so an English speaking table !!!) and she not only qualified for NC of this year but made it to the finals !!!

Bisous plein d'amour (et de bleeds en stealth !!!)
Et vivement le 24 !!!!!!
Last edit: 9 months 1 hour ago by Vlad.
9 months 1 hour ago #5911

• Thank you received: 33

Replied by 2wayspeaker on topic 24/02 Namur Starter release event

You can pre-order me one of each
8 months 4 weeks ago #5917

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds