2014 belgian ECQ - 23/3/14 - Brussels

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by peter_v on topic 2014 belgian ECQ - 23/3/14 - Brussels

Too bad you didn't qualify while being in the final.
but tnx for hosting a fun tournament, even though i left with only 1.5 vp and a minor elbow injury (from constantly leaning on the table in anticipation)

what happened with the vote?
5 years 4 weeks ago #1710

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 45

Replied by D- on topic 2014 belgian ECQ - 23/3/14 - Brussels

The results are posted.
All links (TWD, ranking) are in this post: vekn.net/forum/9-event-reports-and-twd/6...14-belgian-ecq#60234

Mike won the originality contest
5 years 4 weeks ago #1711

• Thank you received: 64

Replied by emime on topic 2014 belgian ECQ - 23/3/14 - Brussels

Great, thanks Dennis, and congratulations for the organization!

As I wasn't there, I'm pretty curious... what was everyone playing? Which decks (Mike's and Hugh's) fought for the originality contest?
Emiliano "Sans Terre" - Wandering Player - Prince of Brussels
5 years 4 weeks ago #1712

• Thank you received: 45

Replied by D- on topic 2014 belgian ECQ - 23/3/14 - Brussels

I played my !brujah breed and vote deck: www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=15472

A short report from my final-experience:
Ralf W (Kiasyd g2-3)
Erol (Lasombra g 2-3)
Me (!Brujah breed and vote)
Johannes (Howler)
Bram (419 operation)

This was a far from ideal seating for me. The Ahrimanes in front and Lasombra in the back don't leave much room for improvisatoin. But sitting in front of the 419's would probably have been worse so I couldn't complain.
My opening crypt: 2 Dark Selina, 2 Urraca. This was one of the many uh-oh moments. After Zillah's Valley on Dark Selina, I went fishing for Armin Brenner but not without finding another Urraca first. Bram's Pentex on Howler in round 3 was a big relief for me. I managed to put some Creation Rites in play and do some light vote damage on Erol with Public Vilification.
While Erol kept bleeding in on me, Johannes and Bram were more or less destroying each other. Ralf's bleed at stealth got deflected to me on a regular basis.
At some point Erol banished Dark Selina. I then played a villein for 2 on a creation rite, which allowed me to play Zillah's Valley and bring out Armin Brenner but leaving me at one pool. The Creation Rites and Embraces wouldn't help me to oust nor to stay alive at that point. So it was either going down, or going down with style. Somehow Erol did not oust (could not or did not want to) me next turn. I villeined for 7, played Public Trust and bled for one more with an Embrace to oust Johannes. I was at 14 pool and back in business. The next action was to steal Bram's Carlton with DtD.
From then on things went fast. Erol had a decent vote lock and kept gnawing at my pool. Bram brought out another minion. I took one more shot by an attempt to play Pentex on Neighbor John, but that got washed. Erol then played Anarchist Uprising ousting both me and Bram. Ralf couldn't do much against Erol and the game ended after 1h40m.
5 years 4 weeks ago #1713

• Thank you received: 56

Replied by gotcha on topic 2014 belgian ECQ - 23/3/14 - Brussels

Good report. My seating wasn't that good too ... I had the ahrimane in my back in the 3d round and they torporized all my minions (but I still made a vp after - ). In front stealth bleed, not that perfect either for 419. I had a good start, brainwash, an early pentex and ossian in hand. Decided to screw the ahrimane (because I was a lil scared of howler) and be pretty sure to recruit ossian to rush forward. Alas the ossian got dark influenced and completely screwed my forward motion. tried to put some 419's in play but they were removed immediate. So I focussed on surviving and not lose pool and hope the game would turn to my advantage somehow during the way (like ashur > ossian > ahrimane out, new pentex, ...) but no such thing happened. Still very content, 3 tournaments with 419, 3 finals played - )
5 years 4 weeks ago #1717

• Thank you received: 56

Replied by gotcha on topic 2014 belgian ECQ - 23/3/14 - Brussels

Ps did you not qualify as organizer? Wasn't that a new criteria too?
5 years 4 weeks ago #1720

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds