Website/forum

More
1 year 2 months ago #6090 by Regnak
Website/forum was created by Regnak
Hello,

The forum being basically abandoned, except for Michel, I consider the data stored on it not relevant and critical anymore.

I will then start working on a new version (Wordpress/XenForo) and making the focus on the website part, leaving a forum in case we want to use one again one day. But it seems Facebook/WhatsApp won the war ... lol (for once it's not Discord ^^).

On the website, I will gather information about VTES, post news and articles, but I may also dedicate some parts of it on other games based on Vampire The Masquerade (rpg, videogames, ...). The main focus being to attract new players to VTES, of course, and getting our favorite CCG to be more (dead or) alive in Belgium ^^

I'm not asking for help or anything. Making websites is my business. (and I'm not asking for money either, as this is totally free to me, except the use of 1 licence for XenForo). So I'll be dealing with this alone. I'm always open to suggestions though, but I won't start again working in a team on the website, as after a few meetings, it's getting harder and harder to get them organized and planned.

Sooo ... this was just a topic to let you know about it ^^

Anyone, who will read this ? rofl ^^

-Eris in peste patronus-
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #6094 by Regnak
Replied by Regnak on topic Website/forum
Doing my best to keep the content of the forum though ... ^^

So many good memories here

-Eris in peste patronus-

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #6098 by Regnak
Alright ladies and gentlemen !

I have this ready : belgium.vtes.be/

Without any news or requests for modifications before December the 31st ... I will launch this version live on the 1st January 2020. :)

I'll either keep this current forum up and running, but we would have to click on a link to browse through our memories ... (eg. : original.vtes.be ) ... or I may eventually find a way to export data from Kunena to import it in Xenoforo (there's a way, but it's expensive and should be done manually by placing an order to online IT consultants ... :/ ).

Hopefully you enjoy the new website :)

I'm planning to do much much more than just ... this.
It's only a beginning ^^

-Regnak-

-Eris in peste patronus-
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Regnak.

More
1 month 1 week ago #6100 by Regnak
We're online again.

Since my server crash in January 2020, and loosing some important data while recovering the RAID1 SSD, I haven't really had the time to put our old forum back online. Now it's done We all know what we are all going through since end February 2020.

Stay safe and good luck guys surviving this ...

Let me know if anything's not working as intended with the forum. Having had no real interest for a true website with articles and calendar meetings, and mostly working with some of our fellow members who "self-proclaimed" themselves webmasters is impossible, we'll just stick to our old forum. It was doing its job. It's back online. You don't use it, I don't care, it doesn't cost me a penny (although with Brexit, a penny may become expensive lol).

Take care and stay safe.

-Eris in peste patronus-

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds